Gathering Place Brewing Company (GPBC) seeks a number of people to become Beertenders at our on-site tap room. These positions provide a unique opportunity for friendly, outgoing people to connect their passion for craft beer with a growing, community-oriented company.
These part-time positions are hourly plus tips with the expected start date in August 2017.
- Create a friendly and welcoming environment for each guest
- Be a resource to guests about our brewery, our beer styles and flavors
- Collect money for drinks, tours, and merchandise; return accurate change
- Maintain an orderly and accurate cash box
- Responsibly serve beer and other beverages, including verifying guest ages and monitoring guests to prevent over-serving
- Maintain a clean and orderly bar area; continuously clean and organize glassware, taps, etc.
- Clean and maintain bathrooms, floors, walls, etc.
- Represent Gathering Place and serve beer at off-site events such as festivals, beer dinners, tastings, etc.
- A friendly attitude and ability to engage with guests to create a welcoming environment
- A knowledge of and passion for craft beer and a desire to share this with others
- Be a clear and effective communicator with guests, coworkers, and supervisors
- Work efficiently and precisely in a fast-paced setting
- Must be able to consistently work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Current Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Be on time for every shift
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and to bend, stoop, and lift/carry up to 50 pounds
The ideal candidate will be passionate about craft beer, passionate about the community, and seek ways to connect the two. As a startup, the founder and full-time staff wear multiple hats to ensure tasks are completed and the business is successful. We seek individuals who will be a team player and have a similar willingness to pitch in to get the job done. This position is a great way to break into the craft brewing industry and may lead to other positions and additional responsibilities over time.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.